Presenting sponsor: Invest in Canada
A 6-part panel discussion series
In this first episode, a national overview, we will discuss why having a national EV battery supply chain is something Canadians should care about and what happens if we don’t have one.
- Ben Sharpe, Senior Researcher and Canada’s Regional Lead, International Council on Clean Transportation
- Sarah Houde, CEO, Propulsion Québec
- Josh Nye, Senior Economist, RBC Economics
- Nino Di Cara, President, Electric Autonomy Canada (Moderator)
On June 2nd at 10:00 AM, Workforce WindsorEssex will be hosting a virtual learning event for students and the public to ask questions to local transportation workers and learn about careers in the transportation and warehousing sector.
The University of Windsor and the City of Windsor are uniting to join the Windsor-Essex community in inspiring, learning, and imagining what is ahead for our region following the pandemic.
This free, six-part virtual speaker series will feature nationally renowned guests with expertise in areas such as business, social justice, innovation, policy and technology.
The sessions are free to attend via Microsoft Teams. No login or special software required.
Irvin Studin - “After the Pandemic - The State and Future of Canada”
What awaits Canada post-pandemic? What crises must we master? What opportunities await? What kind of world will we have? How does Canada survive and succeed in that world? And can we help shape that world this century?
One of Canada’s and the world’s leading policy thinkers will help us navigate these questions with host Dr. Cheryl Collier, Dean of the UWindsor Faculty of Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences.
Join a representative from Canada Revenue Agency to learn more about the Canada Emergency Wage Subsidy (CEWS) and how it applies to your small business.
CEWS has been working to protect jobs and help businesses, charities and non-profits rehire workers. To date, more than 3.7 million Canadian workers have been supported by this program. The CEWS program is currently extended until September 25, 2021.
Throughout the pandemic, income supports like the wage subsidy have helped families and workers across Canada know where the next paycheque is coming from and keep our communities strong.
In this detailed webinar presented by the Canada Revenue Agency you will learn how the subsidy works, eligibility requirements and the calculations.
In this free 60-minute online seminar learn about:
- Understanding your COGS
- Cash flow management
- Planning for profits
If you want to run a successful business it’s important for you to know the ‘numbers’. Learn how to cost and price your products and services for profitability and how the decisions you make about your operations and production processes affect your bottom line. Understand how to budget and spend money so you can pay all your bills and still have money left in your pocket at the end of the year.
Each participant will receive an Excel Financial Forecasting spreadsheet (blank) and completed examples for both a product and service business to assist you through the process. Use the spreadsheet to develop your individual timeline, operating and capital costs, and pricing calculator to create a cashflow projection and income statement for your business.
You will leave with a better understanding of how cost and price your product to make a profit in the food and beverage industry!
How an Online Store Can Boost Your Business: Free Program
Funded by the Province of Ontario and FedDev Ontario
The goal of ShopHERE Powered By Google is to build and optimize online stores for small independent businesses and artists in just a matter of days. With ShopHERE, businesses get to expand their selling opportunities into the online market.
When I sign up with ShopHERE, what do I get?
- An e-commerce store customized with your information, theme, logo and branding
- Hands-on assistance setting up and launching your online store
- Additional training to support your online store including topics like digital marketing, shipping and inventory management
- Access to free tools to help support the successful launch of your online store
In this webinar you will get the answers to the top questions we’ve received about the ShopHERE program, including:
- Who is Digital Main Street?
- What is ShopHERE?
- What does it mean to sell online, and why should my business?
- Do I qualify for this program?
- What are the costs involved?
- Do you have any examples of completed websites?
If you want to learn more about ShopHERE.
ShopHERE powered by Google is a program brought to you by the government of Ontario with the Federal government, plus corporate partners: Mastercard, Square, Yellow Pages, Intuit Quickbooks, Shopify, Lightspeed, Microsoft and Facebook.
Understanding the importance of protecting your business from todays cyberthreats
Introducing Nerds On Site for Business, Exclusively at Staples Canada. This discussion will provide insightful information around business IT and the ever-changing security landscape.
Detroit Mobility Lab Consortium - panel session
Partner: Invest WindsorEssex
Join us for a live panel discussion on Thursday, June 3
Mobility is a key priority for economic development along the shared Detroit and Windsor-Essex border. The industry is also among one of the most exciting for startup activities. Representatives from both communities will share their perspective on the opportunity at hand, strategic priorities, and how entrepreneurs can get more involved.
- Chris Thomas, Co-founder & Partner, Assembly Ventres
- Andrew Teliszewsky, Office of the Mayor, City of Windsor
- Carlotta Gmachl, Business Development and Trade Manager, Detroit Regional Partnership
- Hind Ourahou, Senior Mobility Strategist, Office of Mobility Innovation, City of Detroit
- Stephen MacKenzie, President and CEO, Invest WindsorEssex
Presenetation: Michigan Mobility Funding Platform
- Kate Partington, Program Specialist, State of Michigan - Office of Future Mobility and Electrification
You are invited to the University of Windsor's International Open Day!
Future UWindsor students and their entourage can attend webinars, and find out about programs, awards, financial aid, student support, and academic advising. Meet fellow students and student recruiters virtually. No travel required!
Why you should attend:
- Learn about your programs of interest
- Connect with the recruitment team, staff and current students
- Get an update on what's happening on campus
- Find out about scholarships, financial aid, residence and how to apply